How To Convert Xerox Email Address Book To Sharp Scanner Address Book
The new models of Sharp copiers can import CSV files into their address book. You’ll need to download the CSV(excel file) template HERE, then follow along with the video or step-by-step instructions below.
- Open the web page of the Xerox by typing the IP address into the address bar of your favorite web browser.
- Click Address Book at the top of the page
- If it asks you to login at this point, the default username is admin and the default password is 1111
- Find the export button, it’s either at the top left in a menu, or in a drop down menu at the top right depending on the Xerox model
- Export the file, and open it using Microsoft Excel.
- Copy click and drag to highlight all of the names in the Display Name column on your exported file, copy these
- Open the Template file you just downloaded from the link above, and paste these names into the “name” column, and into the “search-string” column.
- Go back to the exported Xerox file, and copy the entire list of email addresses and then go back to the Sharp template file and paste them into the “mail-address” column.
- Remove any additional information in columns A,B,E that go past your pasted info
- Save the Sharp template file in a familiar location.
- Open the Sharp web page by typing the Sharp’s IP address into the address bar of your favorite web browser
- Click System Settings
- Click System Control
- Click Data Import/Export (CSV Format) on the left menu
- Under Import Settings, click Browse and browse to where you saved the Sharp template file with the pasted information – click Execute