Download and install Sharp Print Drivers – Windows
Download Sharp Print Drivers here ; follow these instructions for a simple installation.
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW TO SELECT THE CORRECT DRIVER
- Visit this page and follow the instructions below.
- Select your Sharp MFP model.
- Select your computer’s operating system.
- Windows 7, 8, and 10 choose the Windows 64 bit OS WHQL Driver Package
- Windows XP choose the Windows 32 bit OS WHQL driver package
- Mac OS choose Mac OS Driver Package
4. Leave the rest as it is, click search, download the appropriate driver. *WE RECOMMEND USING THE PCL6 DRIVER*
5. Right click on the package and unzip it, open this folder and unzip the package with PCL6 in it.
6. Run the setup.exe in the PCL6 folder
Download and Install Sharp Print Drivers – Windows Vista, 7
Download and Install Sharp Print Drivers – Windows 10
Download and Install Sharp Print Drivers – Mac OSX
Sharp does a good job of updating their print drivers along with the latest operating systems. The PCL6 driver is the most useful for Windows computers, the PPD is the best option for the Macs. TMG does not recommend using the universal drivers. They do not have the same abilities as the PCL6 or PS drivers.
Different drivers work better with different programs or applications, so you might want to add both PCL and PS (post script) drivers to your computer. They interpret colors and fonts differently, so if you are having issues with other of those things, try the other driver.
If you have one of the newest generations of Sharps with a model number that ends in 40, they have Pantone color matching built in. It just has to be activated. Contact your local Sharp dealer to make use of this feature. Choose from your Pantone color swatch while designing to get the desired output.